Patch notes for version EA 0.9.2 – September 6th, 2019
Build number: 585833
Hi all! Well that EA 0.9.2 took a while but as you will see in the patch notes below we think it was worth the wait. We spent a lot of energy on stabilizing and also integrating 2 core features for multiplayer which are also probably the most complex ones: Host migration and picking up saved games together with your friends. We also added another big feature to the AI: Equipment. AI characters weren’t purchasing equipment which made them of course less and less competitive throughout the progress of a game.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FROM NOW ON MULTIPLAYER IS ENABLED IN THE DEFAULT BRANCH AND YOU DON’T HAVE TO GO TO THE MP-BETA BRANCH ANYMORE.
If you have a restrictive firewall then you may have to manually open the following outgoing ports to be able to play in multiplayer:
- 61111 TCP & UDP
- 36895 TCP & UDP
- 36975 TCP & UDP
You can find these information as well in the FAQs Multiplayer!
- From now on the AI will also purchase and equip items and boosters. The items they want to equip highly depend on the dynasties title and the amount of cash to their disposal. The AI will also regularly check if there are better items in the market compared to what they have equipped right now. This way the AI should be on the one hand more dangerous but also they will be better suited for defending themselves.
- With EA 0.9.2 you are now able to trade evidence. This way you can trade evidence against your allies to somebody else, so you won’t take the blame. For now, the AI will not offer evidence to you or other dynasties – we will ‘teach’ them how to do this in the next patch.
- Often requested and now it’s in: Auto-save. Auto save has been added to the game. You can disable auto save in the options menu. The game automatically saves the game upon every round change. Autosave is disabled in multiplayer games.
- One of the biggest and probably most important feature that was missing in multiplayer has been added now: Host migration. From now on if the host of a game is leaving the game manually or gets destroyed the game state is saved and handed over to another player. This can take a while as the full map with all the data needs to be saved and moved to another player. Please note that if the host loses connection the game cannot be handed over as there is no active connection anymore.
- With the new version you are now also able to decide as a host if your game is visible in the multiplayer game server list even after the game has already been started. This way you can allow others to join your ongoing session. It also allows you to re-join a session after you disconnected. You can disable/enable your game directly in the lobby screen.
- As a game of Guild 3 can of course take several hours it’s extremely important that you can continue playing a game you started with a group. That’s why from now on the host can start saved games again. The game will show up in the game server list and everybody can join that lobby again. Upon joining you can select the dynasty you want to play. This way even friends that already lost with their family may join again and take over one of the AI dynasties. It is also possible to share the save game with somebody else, so they can take it on from there.
- If a competitor loses, you will now know why.
- While a target was busy there was no feedback if you tried to apply any action on that target. We changed that. From now on you will see a “Target is busy” floating text if you want to apply an action on an occupied target. The only exception to this is the attack action.
- Hovering your cursor over health bars will now show the current and max hit points of the character or building.
- The way paths are calculated have been changed in order to decrease network traffic.
Please note: The game does not display/load save games from outdated patch versions as they have become incompatible due to the rework of core systems.
- We rebalanced diseases to make them less severe and give the player more time to react.
- The value of characters in Dynastic Trades has been rebalanced in order to increase the value of character higher in the inheritance chain.
- Price ranges for some items were adapted.
- Some of the AI objectives were updated to improve overall AI behavior.
- Children of allies will now less likely annoy allies.
- We changed the way how the AI tries to find suitable building spots. This reduces the amount of lag caused by the AI trying to place building a lot.
- We are currently reworking the textures. A first iteration of the terrain textures can be seen in EA 0.9.2. Please let us know what you think.
- The Ambush action has been reworked. Now, if the ambusher successfully surprises their victim they will be able to mug them without a fight. If that fails, either a fight breaks out where the ambusher still can win and then take their loot or the victim is able to flee.
- We fixed several bugs related to achievements so most of them should now be properly achievable.
- Fixed a bug that prevented you to stop an action assigned to a character by the residential building.
- Fixed a bug that caused the activity circle of a guard to remain on the map after the associated guard died.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to apply sickness damage for multiple years upon a round change.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show the character badges both in the old and the new residence.
- Fixed a bug that caused both far trip actions to have the same text and description.
- Fixed a bug that prevented characters to enter a cathedral when using the “Enter Church” action.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters within a building to be recognized as attackable targets.
- We changed a few things related to what’s loaded while moving the camera over the map. Now you should have less frame drops when panning your camera.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused market people to not show up at their designated market stands.
- Fixed a bug that caused the spy building action to never stop if it’s interrupted.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters to be able to use the use item action again while the action is still ongoing.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to sometimes duplicate guard circles upon saving and loading a game.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters to move in the unconscious state upon fleeing from being kidnapped.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show the hire employee button when inspecting a spied-on building.
- Fixed a bug that caused the AI to not buy building add-ons.
- Fixed a bug that caused scaffolding to remain if a building has been destroyed while it’s being constructed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to wrongly create transporters and workers for non-dynasty controlled businesses.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show the wrong animations for buildings placed in the editor.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not change the flag on an inherited building correctly.
- Fixed a bug that caused the routes button to be shown in inspected non-controlled buildings.
- Fixed a bug that caused already fired employees to be still controllable via the calendar UI.
- Fixed a bug that caused defeated workers to freeze.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters in a fight to freeze after saving and loading a game.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to only show one “New child” window even if multiple members of your family gave birth to new members of your family.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to calculate a lower selling price for items sold by an automated transporter compared to selling the items manually.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show a negative total value in the statistics UI upon starting a new game.
- Fixed a bug that caused lansquenets to attack the victim and not the perpetrator.
- Fixed a bug that caused henchmen who guard a building to pursuit a perpetrator indefinitely.
- Fixed a bug that caused henchmen to not get removed properly upon dying.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to remove the buff if multiple items of the same item were equipped and one was removed.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to send home a character while he/she is executed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to move all items from the same type from the front store to the internal storage upon moving items in the internal storage.
- Fixed a bug that allowed transporters to gather items like water, flowers, etc.
- Fixed a bug that hid the invalid indicator (red outline) in production and residential building after saving and loading a game.
- Fixed a bug that caused the music to stop after purchasing a skill in the ambitious skill tree.
- Fixed a bug that caused AI warehouse transporters to not continue their duty upon loading a game.
- Fixed a bug that caused family members to not earn XP for producing items in their residence.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters to lose their working tools upon saving and loading a game.
- Fixed a bug that caused 4-digit numbers in the statistics window to not show properly.
- Fixed a bug that caused the family name to not show up correctly in the dynasty trade request notification.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to spawn less opponent dynasties than defined upon starting the scenario.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not show the “You lost” message to the client in a multiplayer game correctly.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player to enter special characters upon entering the password for a password-protected server.
- Fixed a bug that caused save games to show the wrong time stamp.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not update the wind sound correctly when changing ambient sounds.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to play nighttime sounds during the day.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to duplicate items upon moving an item from one character to another.
- Several localization fixes.
- Currently city wall towers are slightly misplaced. We are working on a fix for that problem.
If you are experiencing difficulties with loading and saving the game, you may attempt to delete all files from the folder “c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Saved Games\Guild3\” (standard under Windows).
It is quite possible that some problems that you have in your game are caused by missing or corrupted files. In this case, the following can help:
- STEAM -> right-click on “The Guild 3” in your Steam library, then Properties – LOCAL FILES – VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES…
- GOG -> right-click on “The Guild 3” in your library, then Properties – “More” – Manage Installation – VERIFY/REPAIR
Join our official Discord server https://discord.gg/CGnN2Vb) where you can meet us (that is, when we take a break from developing games) and other players to chat about the game.
What we are planning for the next patch
We moved the work on the sovereign system a bit back in our backlog. Instead we are currently working on enabling the continuation of an already won game in single player, making campaigns properly work for the AI and in Multiplayer. Additionally we are working to change the key binding system, so you have more control on your controls.
A short outlook…
Becoming sovereign isn’t easy but being sovereign is not exciting. This is what we want to change. Also we want to do another iteration on the trade routes.
We value your feedback!
If you have the time, we would appreciate it if you could fill out a short survey regarding the changes we made in patch EA 0.9.2: https://forms.gle/1waDXNDhU4ig3cUb8
Please note: we do not collect any personal information other than your feedback – you will remain completely anonymous. This survey will end the day we release the next patch.