Patch notes for EA 0.9.10 “Salzburg” – August 12th, 2020
Build number: 605338
Today is patch day. With this patch we are releasing new content (New map: Salzburg!), optimizations for multiplayer, new dialogue content, economy improvements and the first glimpse on the previewed AI improvements. Check-out the details below.
IMPORTANT: As previously announced we now fully switch to the new multiplayer backend with this patch. Before you host a game, make sure you have patch EA 0.9.10 (and higher) installed, to play on our new live server.
- AI actions got an additional feasibility check in order to increase the success rate of using an action. Before this change, these checks were rather limited and as a result lots of actions were rarely used by AI family members successfully.
- AI Archetypes have been added, however, their full effect will only be felt in the game once we add new objectives, which will happen in the upcoming updates.
- You are now able to “retire” your current leader in favor of your heir/heiress. All you need to do is to send your avatar to a monastery via the according action in the action bar. Your old leader will spend the rest of his/her days in the monastery and your heir/heiress will take matters into their own hands.
- NPCs will now select a more varied range of locations before offering a dialogue quest. This should reduce the frequency of characters standing in front of markets and other buildings when offering a quest. Reason for that change was that sometimes it was hard to trigger the quest dialogue in front of crowded areas.
- AI office holders will now also use political proposals (Proposal to change city laws, Influence public opinion, Prison sentence, Organise the city guards, Expropriate someone, Banish an individual). So you might consider applying for offices – if not to propose in your own interest then at least to prevent the positive outcome of proposals which could have a negative impact on your family!
- In order to have the dialogue bubbles fit better to the style of the game we did a visual overhaul of them. Hope you like it!
Content & Balancing
- With EA 0.9.10 we are releasing a new map: the romantic city of Salzburg.
- Vienna map has been updated to the new economy system.
- A filter was implemented which differentiates between children and adults so dialogue content is fitting the age of a character.
- We also created a bunch of new dialogues and added more variety for existing dialogues.
- Moreover, we made several significant changes to how needs and supply caravans work. First of all, multiple caravans can be spawned at the same time for a market. This can be required when many goods need restocking at the same time, otherwise the stock would dwindle. We made the caravans more intelligent with regards to which items they resupply, and how many. They will pack as many different goods as possible into their inventory, at most one stack per item. Additionally, they are now considering caravans that are already en route to the market, so that on maps with long resupply travel times they don’t over/undersupply a market.
- Also, the way NPCs are purchasing goods has been updated. Social class is considered when inspecting shopping locations for eligibility, fixing issues where a poor character would walk into a high value shop trying to satisfy a need, but then being unable to buy any of the goods. Furthermore, the action no longer checks each frame if the shopping location still has goods. Instead, the character will more realistically walk to the shop and only then realize that they are sold out. Shoppers will attempt to shop for multiple needs if their inventory space allows it, and they will attempt to spread their shopping over multiple items if available, in order to not deplete a single item stock.
- We worked again on optimizing the multiplayer mode of the game. Our goal was mainly to reduce the package size sent every frame in order to reduce load for the host player. We are not yet finished with our optimizations but in our opinion, it’s a decent step in the right direction.
- Fixed several crash bugs related to various reasons.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show vicinity circles of guards and lansquenets of died out dynasties.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show vicinity circles of guards and lansquenets after saving and loading a game although the characters were not there anymore.
- Fixed a bug that caused the poison well action only to poison people entering the well building.
- Fixed a bug that caused speech bubbles to behave incorrectly when zooming in and out with the camera.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show the dialogues about office changes on the Vienna and Presborok map in the respectively wrong city.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not use the correctly gendered dialogue lines when addressing political office holders.
- Fixed several bugs related to henchmen actions.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not calculate action weights correctly for lots of actions.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to use the wrong animation for characters using the walking stick item.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not correctly remove a political proposal if the proposing character died or is otherwise occupied (e.g. imprisoned, etc).
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to prevent purchasing a building from another player if the purchasing player is 1 below maximum number of businesses.
- Fixed several bugs related to host migration (multiplayer).
- Fixed a bug that allowed the leader to avoid fights with city guards by running away as soon as a city guard arrives.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to allow a character to cast a vote for a political proposal even if he or she is on a long distance trip.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show the wrong number of players in a multiplayer lobby.
- Fixed a bug that caused to show “$gui.LOD.tutorialdifficulty” in the lobby when loading a multiplayer game.
- Fixed several text issues.
- When placing a building over the debris of a destroyed one, the remains do not vanish.
The game does not display/load save games from outdated patch versions as they have become incompatible due to the rework of core systems.
If you are experiencing difficulties with loading and saving the game, you may attempt to delete all files from the folder “%userprofile%\Saved Games\Guild3” (C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Saved Games\Guild3).
Multiplayer: If you have a restrictive firewall then you may have to manually open the following outgoing ports to be able to play in multiplayer: 61111 TCP & UDP, 36895 TCP & UDP, 36975 TCP & UDP. You can find this information as well in the FAQs Multiplayer on our webpage!
It is quite possible that some problems that you have in your game are caused by missing or corrupted files. In this case, the following might help:
- STEAM -> right-click on “The Guild 3” in your Steam library, then Properties – LOCAL FILES – VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES…
- GOG -> right-click on “The Guild 3” in your library, then Properties – “More” – Manage Installation – VERIFY/REPAIR
If you still have issues afterwards, then we recommend to uninstall the game and then manually delete the folder “%localappdata%\Guild3” (C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Guild3). Then re-install the game.
Crash dumps for bug reports can be found in “%localappdata%\Guild3\sentry\reports” (C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Guild3\sentry\reports) per default.
Join our official Discord server (https://discord.gg/CGnN2Vb) where you can meet us (that is, when we take a break from developing games) and other players to chat about the game.
What we are planning for the next patch
Our next patch will be all around the AI and the new production system.
A short outlook…
We are already working on the resource provider renting feature, on additional balancing changes and on new professions.
We value your feedback!
If you have the time, we would appreciate it if you could fill out a short survey regarding the changes we made in patch EA 0.9.10: https://forms.gle/LtmNzpXMHa5bagWTA
Please note: we do not collect any personal information other than your feedback – you will remain completely anonymous. This survey will end the day we release the next patch.