Patch notes for version EA 0.9.6 – December 17th, 2019
Build number: 592455
Here it is! Our last patch before the holiday season. EA 0.9.6 contains a bunch of different things. First of all, we are now supporting the following languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russian, Korean, Chinese and Japanese (voice output is only available in English and in German!). Note: We are regularly updating the game during early access. That’s why you may encounter texts which have not yet been translated into your selected language. Of course all texts will be fully translated as soon as the game leaves early access.
Additionally we changed how the office voting feels, multiplayer performance improvements and lots of bugfixes. Check-out the details below.
- From now on the languages stated above can be selected in the options menu. Upon selecting a language other than English or German, you’ll be informed that there may still be some not yet translated texts in your selected language.
- Characters can now execute the actions: ‘Grab a bite to eat’ and ‘Grab a drink’. Upon selecting either of the actions you’ll be presented with a list of inns. If you select one of the inns the character will go to that inn and execute the action. Your relationship with the inn’s owners will be improved. Eating or drinking customers will be shown upon opening the inn scene.
- From now on, you will see with whom other dynasties are in a feud or alliance upon hovering their crest.
- The office voting scene was still using an older user interface representation and was too different compared to the voting UI, so we changed it in order to be easier to use.
- We added added an Early Access FAQ button to the main menu. Clicking the button will open an overview on important early access topics.
Content & Balancing
- The spreading of diseases has been reduced in order to reduce the number and intensity of large outbreaks of disease waves on the scenario map.
- We implemented a feature that allows our designers to have more control on how many 3D characters are represented in relation to the overall population of a city district or village.
- We changed the population number of all cities in order to have the need/economy system working properly in all maps.
- Citizens will now also buy at markets and not just at front stores in order to fulfill their needs.
- We further improved the algorithm that determines which businesses are selected by characters to fulfill their needs.
- We tweaked the amount AI dynasties spend on non-essential things.
- Landsquenets won’t automatically break the bones of a defeated character nor will they automatically steal from them.
- We added 2 more illnesses for children: measles and scarlet fever.
- Players are now able to buy the first building, doesn’t matter the profession selected, even if they are playing the impossible difficulty.
- Building add-ons have been re-balanced.
- The selection circle was visually improved to blend a bit better with the environment.
- We reduced the size of the farm so it’s easier to find building spots.
- Fixes/adjustments for multiple buildings, props and characters.
- The lights and the positions and walk paths of characters in the interior-/cutscenes for residences, inn, church, trial, jail, office meeting and the throne room have been reworked. Now the poor orphans will not stuck in the altar anymore 🙂
- Bugfixes and rework of parts of the street layout (to have larger spaces for new buildings) in multiple scenario maps.
- Cart wheels are stirring up dust when they move.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not correctly rotate carried objects when a character is rotating.
- Fixed a bug that caused transporters to not work correctly anymore after saving and loading a game.
- Fixed several bugs related to using consumable items.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not exchange the child model with an adult model upon reaching maturity.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to duplicate a kidnapped character whereas its twin was remaining idle on the street.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to hand-over the control of a building to the conquering party despite the action actually failed.
- Fixed a bug that allowed couples to produce offspring in any building (churches, wells, etc.). Oh my!
- Fixed a bug that caused sleeping children of AI characters to never stop the sleeping action.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to handle the produce offspring wrongly upon round changes.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not assign work again to a previously healed character.
- Fixed a bug that caused children to continue actions despite becoming adults.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to wrongly highlight invalid targets.
- Fixed a bug that caused actions to start ticking down while the character who is executing the actions is still moving toward the target.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to allow henchmen to have the same movement speed as their protegé … even when riding a horse.
- Fixed a bug that caused the AI to not increase the attributes of their henchmen upon levelling up.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not properly extinguish fires when the extinguish fire action is used.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not create a debris object which fits the size of the destroyed building.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show the wrong pop-up upon cancelling constructing a building.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to not be able to correctly setup storage rules for the robber camp and the thieves hideout.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to sometimes use the storage barn model instead of the warehouse model when building a warehouse.
- Fixed a bug that allowed characters to not have any clothing item equipped.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not update the movement speed of a character correctly when executing a trade route.
- Fixed a bug that caused children models to not be shown correctly in the inspection window.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not properly remove kidnapped characters from the kidnapping character’s inventory if the kidnapped character dies.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to exchange equipment between a building’s storage and a worker even if the worker is not in the building.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash upon loading a save game with an ongoing execution.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show inherited buildings in the UI for the former owning family and for the new owner as well.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show the wrong message when a new heir is appointed because the previous heir died.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to prevent players from selling items to the market if the according stock was 999.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not reset building statistics after trading the building.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to stack buff/debuff effects on buildings.
- Fixed lots of bench locations where citizens that sat down were looking in the wrong direction.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters to be still shown in prison even after they died.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to create a voting calendar entry even if nobody actually applied.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to create multiple prison sentences for the same character.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to only allow the first 26 family members to apply for an office position.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to ignore every second click on the inventory button in the production UI.
- Fixed a bug that caused the death animation of children to endlessly loop.
- Fixed a bug that caused the UI to not show long building names correctly in the selected building panel.
- Fixed several UX related issues.
- Fixed a bug that caused wedding participants to be placed incorrectly during the wedding scene.
- Fixed a bug that caused the accused to cover one of the judges in the trial scene.
- Fixed a bug that caused the far-trade action to instantly fail upon selecting either Vienna or Innsbruck as the destination while having a horse or horse-cart equipped.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to allow players to be in multiple guilds simultaneously.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not correctly eject a citizen from a guild after they have been married by a member of a dynasty.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash if the leader of a dynasty died while the production UI was open.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not properly propagate buffs to a dynasty after the dynasty has been taken over by a new player in multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not select the correct default language for a multiplayer game.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to set the start time incorrectly for host and client.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to block players to login into a multiplayer game if another player with the same name is already playing.
- Fixed a bug that caused the camera of the host to snap to the church if a client is successfully executing the marriage action.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to always create new AI dynasties upon loading a multiplayer save game with less than the max amount of dynasties.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not properly remove a dead dynasty from a multiplayer game.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not show pistol and crossbow animations correctly.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to sometimes show the default name “LocalPlayer” instead of the host’s name.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not show the correct dynasty name in the “Dynasty defeated” window, if a client kills the host.
- Fixed a bug that caused notifications to sometimes appear more than once.
- Fixed several bugs related to camera and mouse options.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash upon pressing the + / – keys while a map is loading.
- Fixed several bugs related to the display of quests in the quest log, for which there are several ways to complete them (e.g. if the goal is to have a child, then you can produce a child or adopt an orphan).
- Fixed a bug that caused the arsenal hitbox to be bigger than it actually should have been.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not play sounds anymore if a save game is loaded which has been saved right before a wedding scene.
- Fixed a bug that caused the HUD to disappear upon casting a vote while being on a journey with the voting character.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to prevent players from sending characters to buildings via the area map.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not play the different female voice over example in the character creation.
- Fixed a large number of issues with texts and localizations.
- Scenario map Magdeburg: the second marketplace in the city district ‘Sudenburg’ has been removed, but some of the market booths are still there. We will remove them in the next patch.
The game does not display/load save games from outdated patch versions as they have become incompatible due to the rework of core systems.
If you are experiencing difficulties with loading and saving the game, you may attempt to delete all files from the folder “c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Saved Games\Guild3\” (standard under Windows).
Multiplayer: If you have a restrictive firewall then you may have to manually open the following outgoing ports to be able to play in multiplayer: 61111 TCP & UDP, 36895 TCP & UDP, 36975 TCP & UDP. You can find this information as well in the FAQs Multiplayer on our webpage!
It is quite possible that some problems that you have in your game are caused by missing or corrupted files. In this case, the following can help:
- STEAM -> right-click on “The Guild 3” in your Steam library, then Properties – LOCAL FILES – VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES…
- GOG -> right-click on “The Guild 3” in your library, then Properties – “More” – Manage Installation – VERIFY/REPAIR
If you still have issues afterwards, then we recommend to uninstall the game and then manually delete the folder “C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Guild3\” (or “C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Guild3\”). Then re-install the game.
Join our official Discord server (https://discord.gg/CGnN2Vb) where you can meet us (that is, when we take a break from developing games) and other players to chat about the game.
What we are planning for the next patch
What we are planning for the next patch
For the next patch we are planning to rework the music system in the game. Goal is to align all the different music tracks with certain situations and also based on your dynasty’s moral alignments.
A short outlook…
EA 0.9.6 is the last patch in 2019 but we already planned a lot of bigger things for 2020. The first big topic in the new year will be the separation of markets. Right now all marketplaces of a city are combined to 1 city-wide market (same prices and same stocks), which eliminates lots of interesting gameplay. We’ll also start tackling the most cramped and complex UI – the production UI – beginning of next year.
We value your feedback!
If you have the time, we would appreciate it if you could fill out a short survey regarding the changes we made in patch EA 0.9.6: https://forms.gle/wunDP9Grysaacgub8
Please note: we do not collect any personal information other than your feedback – you will remain completely anonymous. This survey will end the day we release the next patch.