Patch notes for version EA 0.9.5 – November 19th, 2019
Build number: 590410
With patch EA 0.9.4 we released the new trade routes. The work for this patch was fully focused on making the sovereign gameplay more interesting and overall the game more stable. As you know we didn’t just want to improve what you can do as a sovereign but also improve the gameplay around becoming sovereign. Check-out the details below!
- First, it’s all about how to become sovereign. The previous system was not very exciting and also not very transparent on how it actually works. Instead of just being appointed, dynasty leaders can “apply” to become sovereign. In order to be able to apply you need to unlock the according privilege and also use influence. As soon as the runner is in the race for becoming sovereign, dynasties can invest their influence. At the end of the race the amount of invested influence is further buffed by the popularity of the contestant with the public. The contender with the biggest approval (influence and popularity) wins and becomes sovereign.
- So what’s the benefit from becoming sovereign? As the ruler of the land the sovereign has the power to change any law in every city. This way the sovereign can freely change laws to his or her will.
- A little but sweet thing was added again with our new patch: The trading of evidence. We had to remove that possibility as it was not very stable and caused several issues (eg. AI wasn’t considering trade value of evidence). So from now on you can trade evidence again via the dynasty trade.
- Additionally, we added another option to the storage keeper in order to give you a bit more control on what automated transporters are supposed to procure. From now on you can define for every item if the automated transporter is getting the according item at the market.
Content & Balancing
- Offering lower prices than the market will increase the reputation with your front store customers.
- We continued balancing the citizen needs in order to make the economy more interesting.
- All members of a family that are adopted or descendants of the families original leader can now propose to their romance partners and produce offspring with their spouses.
- We further improved textures and materials.
- The throne room was added with this version and is accessible via castles in all maps.
- Fixed a bug that caused the “look inside building” button to not show up correctly.
- Fixed several memory leaks in the game.
- Fixed a bug that caused the AI to not stop the “sleep” action when their building has been destroyed.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from buying from the front store of a spied-on building.
- Fixed some localization issues related to attribute descriptions to properly represent the formula in the background.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not show a warning when the player tries to purchase a business he/she can’t properly operate.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not show the correct message upon trying to attack allies.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from trading hostages.
- Fixed lots of localization issues.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not deduct coins from the player upon hiring a henchman.
- Fixed a bug that caused a guarding henchman to attack a conquering henchman from the same family.
- Fixed a bug that allowed children to buy and consume alcohol.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not create an evidence upon successfully using the falsifying evidence action.
- Fixed a bug that caused workers to gather resources within the business building directly instead of the resource provider.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show the wrong information regarding the maximum businesses and henchmen in the new title window.
- Fixed a bug that caused automated warehouse transporters to buy items at the market just to sell them again back to the market.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to apply the dynasties color to certain female character faces.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to hide the face of a character before the actual body is hidden.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not update the market prices in the item transaction window.
- Fixed a few bugs related to characters not showing the correct animation.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show the “pick from world” option in the destination selection of the far-trade action.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash upon loading a multiplayer game.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to prevent the ESC key from closing the chat window.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not show traded coins correctly on the client.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not remove the visual representation of sicknesses correctly in multiplayer games.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not lock the purchase button correctly while a transaction is processed in multiplayer games.
- Fixed a bug that re-built destroyed building upon re-connecting to a multiplayer game.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not show the correct save game after saving the game as a new host.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not show the “new quest” notification for all the quests in the tutorial.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show a black screen during the intro after switching the game to full-screen mode.
- Fixed several bugs related to changing resolutions and changing modes.
- Fixed a bug that caused some ambience sounds to not be triggered correctly.
- Fixed several bugs related to action tooltip descriptions.
The game does not display/load save games from outdated patch versions as they have become incompatible due to the rework of core systems.
If you are experiencing difficulties with loading and saving the game, you may attempt to delete all files from the folder “c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Saved Games\Guild3\” (standard under Windows).
Multiplayer: If you have a restrictive firewall then you may have to manually open the following outgoing ports to be able to play in multiplayer: 61111 TCP & UDP, 36895 TCP & UDP, 36975 TCP & UDP. You can find this information as well in the FAQs Multiplayer on our webpage!
It is quite possible that some problems that you have in your game are caused by missing or corrupted files. In this case, the following can help:
- STEAM -> right-click on “The Guild 3” in your Steam library, then Properties – LOCAL FILES – VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES…
- GOG -> right-click on “The Guild 3” in your library, then Properties – “More” – Manage Installation – VERIFY/REPAIR
If you still have issues afterwards, then we recommend to uninstall the game and then manually delete the folder “C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Guild3\” (or “C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Guild3\”). Then re-install the game.
Join our official Discord server (https://discord.gg/CGnN2Vb) where you can meet us (that is, when we take a break from developing games) and other players to chat about the game.
What we are planning for the next patch
For the next patch we’ll lay our focus on bugfixing and balancing.
A short outlook…
Goal for the upcoming sprints is to further improve the overall balancing so far and improve MP connectivity. And we will work on the sound and music system in the game.
We value your feedback!
If you have the time, we would appreciate it if you could fill out a short survey regarding the changes we made in patch EA 0.9.5: https://forms.gle/NcqSBbQ1SFtMVD7f7
Please note: we do not collect any personal information other than your feedback – you will remain completely anonymous. This survey will end the day we release the next patch.