Patch notes for version EA 0.9.4 – October 23rd, 2019
Build number: 588778
Today’s patch had one big topic: manual trade routes. As you know we already made some changes to that system a while ago. Since then we have received lots of feedback which made it clear that you are not yet happy with how manual trade routes are working. That’s why we prioritized another pass on the trade routes and today we’ll bring the improved trade routes to you. Additionally, we also introduced changes to the dynastic trade, particularly focused on improving trading of characters.
We are looking forward to your feedback!
- We made lots of changes to the manual trade routes. First of all, you are now able to define load and unload priorities in the UI. Those priority lists are independent from how many things the transporter can actually carry. You can define a range from -20 to 20 (basically unloading or loading 20) per item in the priority list. Your transporter will try to follow exactly your priority list on every waypoint. To do so they will wait for a while on every waypoint (if the task assigned can’t be executed instantly). After that time the transporter will move on to the next waypoint.
- In order to give you more information and feedback we introduced a new side panel when creating a trade route. That info panel will give you information regarding your trade route (eg. You are loading more items than you unload, etc.).
- With the new trade routes we also introduced a new field to your storage management user interface. From now on you are able to set a maximum amount of items for every building you control. With this new option you have better control over what you want to store and you also can more easily avoid having cluttered storages.
- There were several bugs related to trading characters. Most of them occurred when there were too many characters traded. To solve those issues and also to make the UI better to use we changed the way you trade characters. First of all, there is a new section in the dynastic trade UI. You can select the character you want to trade as usual but from now on, you also need to select a matching character from the other dynasty. The couple will end up in the family whose crest is highlighted. Don’t worry, you are able to propose multiple matches within one trade.
- From now on, you are able to trade all adult family members in a dynastic trade and not just the children of the leader as long as they are not married, not pregnant and not the leader themselves.
- We also changed the way the UI is giving you feedback when you try to marry a character. Before, if you had a romance that was already married, or was originally part of your family, those characters weren’t showing up in the UI (or worse case, the UI wasn’t shown at all if there was not at least 1 valid character in the list). From now on the UI will always show up and invalid characters will be greyed out.
Content & Balancing
- The “play a game of dice” is transferring less money now.
- Buffs gained from skills are now properly forwarded to all family members and employees.
- The amount of items available on the market in the beginning of the game has been updated.
- The price update intervals of the market have been changed.
- Shadows at lower settings improved.
- New lighting for street lamps.
- Bug fixes on several building models and prop models, including LODs.
- Bug fixes on several character models and animations.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash upon joining a saved multiplayer game.
- Fixed several crash bugs.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to eliminate children. Don’t do that.
- Fixed a bug that prevented characters from pickpocketing allies.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to still see the details of spied on buildings even though the action has already been aborted.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show hidden information for all buildings of a dynasty instead of just the building that is being spied on.
- Fixed a bug that caused the praise someone action to decrease reputation with the praised on dynasty instead of increasing it.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from looking inside all of their living houses instead of just the home residence.
- Fixed a bug that prevented henchmen from sabotaging or vandalizing allied buildings.
- Fixed a bug that caused the intro video to stutter.
- Fixed a bug that caused kidnapped characters to be released upon being traded.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to send characters home … while they are being executed. No avoiding justice anymore.
- Fixed several bugs that caused transporters on manual trade routes to not pick up the route again after they have been interrupted.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to not automatically select the currently active trade route in the trade route selection UI.
- Fixed a bug that caused transporters to not pick up items from own buildings if the dynasty doesn’t have enough funds in their account.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters to weirdly float on the water when they die while being on a boat.
- Fixed lots of issues related to localization.
- Fixed a bug that made the warmonger quest unachievable if not enough opponents have been selected.
- Fixed a bug that caused the host of a game to get stuck in the pause UI after waking up the PC from sleep mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to show the wrong location of marrying characters from the client.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to overwrite the auto-levelling rules from the client with the host’s settings.
- Fixed several other issues related to multiplayer and UI.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to ask for restarting itself after changing the water reflection settings.
- Some interior scenes, in particular the scenes for the guilds, are broken and/or have missing textures. We are already working on that.
The game does not display/load save games from outdated patch versions as they have become incompatible due to the rework of core systems.
If you are experiencing difficulties with loading and saving the game, you may attempt to delete all files from the folder “c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Saved Games\Guild3\” (standard under Windows).
Multiplayer: If you have a restrictive firewall then you may have to manually open the following outgoing ports to be able to play in multiplayer: 61111 TCP & UDP, 36895 TCP & UDP, 36975 TCP & UDP. You can find this information as well in the FAQs Multiplayer on our webpage!
It is quite possible that some problems that you have in your game are caused by missing or corrupted files. In this case, the following can help:
- STEAM -> right-click on “The Guild 3” in your Steam library, then Properties – LOCAL FILES – VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES…
- GOG -> right-click on “The Guild 3” in your library, then Properties – “More” – Manage Installation – VERIFY/REPAIR
If you still have issues afterwards, then we recommend to uninstall the game and then manually delete the folder “C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Guild3\” (or “C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Guild3\”). Then re-install the game.
Join our official Discord server (https://discord.gg/CGnN2Vb) where you can meet us (that is, when we take a break from developing games) and other players to chat about the game.
What we are planning for the next patch
As promised we are working hard on updating the Sovereign feature in the game. We are almost finished with the election process and what you can actually do as the Sovereign. You will experience those changes with our next patch.
A short outlook…
We are planning to do another pass on the voting system and how that’s displayed to you. We’ll also focus a bigger part of the team to catch-up on bugs.
We value your feedback!
If you have the time, we would appreciate it if you could fill out a short survey regarding the changes we made in patch EA 0.9.4: https://forms.gle/ULt8bbwpYgzmYL8p7
Please note: we do not collect any personal information other than your feedback – you will remain completely anonymous. This survey will end the day we release the next patch.