Results of the survey for the patch EA 0.5.5
(from August 29th 2018 until September 26th 2018)
You can find the detailed results for every question here: Link
We were really looking forward to the results of that survey as the HUD changes, particularly the new inspection window were a big step for us. So let’s dive into how you perceived the changes:
- The new HUD layout was perceived very well from the majority of you who took the survey. It seems that the new layout makes it now easier to find the actions needed.
- According to the survey the most well perceived change was moving the selected target into the lower left corner and combining it with actions. We received also some feedback in the forums that you would like to see more information on your leader in the top left. We are definitely going to do some changes there.
- We took out that your leader is always selected per default. This change was received well and we think that it will also be easier for new players to get into how you control objects in the game world now.
- One of the biggest changes was the introduction of the new character inspection window which combines the inventory of a character with his or her attributes. It was well received but it doesn’t unfold its full potential yet. We will add also secondary attributes to that screen and give you more insight on how those values are calculated in the future.
- As you can see we added the feature that you can rotate your character in the inspection window. According to your feedback the majority doesn’t really care whether that’s in or not. As it was rather easy to do (we were able to take the functionalities from the character creation menu) we still went for it. It seems the urge to rotate the character was too strong in our developers. Fun fact. Here’s the title of the user story to implement that functionality: “As a player I want the 3D puppet in the Character inspection window to be rotatable to cure my urge to rotate every 3d puppet I see”
Thank you all for taking part in the survey and all the feedback we also got as comments in the forums. We know that there are still a lot of feedback mechanisms missing for what’s going on in the game world but we are happy that with the new HUD the right direction has been taken.
Do you agree with the statements above? What else do you think we should improve in the HUD? Let us know in the comments.