August 29, 2018 – Patch EA 0.5.5
- With EA 0.5.5 we changed the HUD almost completely. We hope that you find the new arrangement of the HUD elements more comfortable.
- We’ve moved the portrait of your avatar – it lead to irritations, because the position of the portrait was similar to where the currently selected character is displayed in other games. In the upper left corner you now find all functionalities which relate directly to your dynasty. Many of you assumed that the XP bar showed the experience of your avatar, but instead the XP bar shows the experience of your entire dynasty. To make its meaning more obvious we placed the crest of the dynasty, the XP bar, your dynasty’s title in roman numbers and your money in the top-left corner. Additionally you have access to the skill book, the diary and the statistics. You can open your family tree by clicking on your family’s crest.
- Selected objects (characters, buildings) are displayed at the bottom left from now on. When you select a character, you will see his/her current activity near the the portrait. Next to that, you will also find all the available actions for the selected object.
- Several of you asked if we could change the selection system so that there mustn’t always be a selected object, and we changed that with this patch. If you from now on left-click somewhere in the world, you will release your current selection. In order to make it comfortable for you to access your avatar at any time you can simply click your avatar’s portrait – or simply press the “C” key, like before. A white outline shows you if the character is selected.
- With this version we introduce a brand new character inspection window. You can access it via the “i” button next to the selected character and via the “i” key on your keyboard (if the selected object is a building, then the “i” key and button open the production or trade menu). In the inspection window you can see the equipment, attributes and other details at a glance. We will add more values in the future. And we will implement that you first need to spy on someone before you are able to see what is inside their inventory. We hope that you like the new and well-arranged character inspection window.
- In the upper center of the HUD you find all options which are related to your opponents and/or with the city: Questbook, Book of Dynasties, Book of Societies and City Records.
- We have changed the time display and the display of the game speed in the upper right, so that it needs less space. When you pause the game the display blinks in red. You can find the name of the scenario map on which you are playing by opening the area map.
- The size of the button that opens the “erect building” menu has been reduced and moved to the bottom right, next to the compass.
- When you use actions with a cooldown you can now see the remaining time until you can use the action again.
- The scenario map “Vienna and Presporok” has been optimized regarding performance. The map itself will be re-worked in a later patch.
New features (under the hood)
You will benefit from the following features in patches to come, because they allow us to implement actions, artefacts and so on more efficiently.
- We are now able to implement status effects, both temporary and permanent. Status effects are affecting the status of a character, e.g. a disease changes the character status from “healthy” to “ill”, with a wide range of attribute modifiers.
- The new system allows us to create effects with duration related impact. For example, we can have “healing over time” for potions and “damage over time” for poisons.
- We are now able to trigger effects in multiple ways. For example, a disease can have different temporary effects or a poison can permanently reduce the character’s movement speed.
- With the new activity and effects system we can now define critical successes and critical failures for actions. Meaning, that some actions may have grand successes or dramatic failures in the future – depending on your character’s skills, on the skills of the target and other circumstances 🙂
- Fixed a crash when an AI dynasty tried to compliment a citizen.
- Fixed a crash when you clicked on the dead leader of another dynasty in the Book of Dynasties.
- It was possible that the game crashed when you clicked with the right mouse button in the main menu.
- From now on, tooltips should only be displayed when they are supposed to be displayed.
- Ships and horse carts will change their direction more smoothly now.
- The confirm button is always displayed from now on when you build a new building, except if there’s no name in the input box.
- Fixed a bug where on some maps certain businesses could not be built, even though all the requirements were met. This fix only works on new games, if you have a savegame with this issue it will still persist.
- Fixed an issue on the Magdeburg map where Characters would have issues entering the mine and the grove north of the city.
- The purchasing habits of citizens has been adjusted. From now on you should find more resources in the market and the price evolution for items should be improved.
The following buildings have been optimised and were given 3 additional LOD-levels.
- Some of the building portraits do not yet fit properly into the new selected building portrait display.
- Character models in the inspection window do not get updated when they change clothes.
- Character portraits sometimes need a few seconds before the portrait of the character appears after a game has been loaded
- When you keep a building which is under construction selected until it is finished, its action bar is not present until you select another building and then the new building again.
If you are experiencing difficulties with loading and saving the game, you may attempt to delete all files from the folder “Games” in the installation directory of The Guild 3.
It is quite possible that some problems that you have in your game are caused by missing or corrupted files. In this case, the following can help:
- STEAM -> right-click on “The Guild 3” in your Steam library, then Properties – LOCAL FILES – VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES…
- GOG -> right-click on “The Guild 3” in your library, then Properties – “More” – Manage Installation – VERIFY/REPAIR
What we are planning for the next patch
- We will improve the process of erecting new buildings, incl. the search for a building plot.
- We will implement a new AI master system for automating your workers and transporters in your businesses.
- We will continue our efforts to optimize the current AI in order to reduce the possibility that AI characters got stuck in endless loops.
A short outlook…
Our designers will start to repair and finalize actions and artefacts as well as implement new ones.
We value your feedback!
If you have the time, we would appreciate it if you could fill out a short survey regarding the changes we made in patch EA 0.5.5: Google Form
Please note: we do not collect any personal information other than your feedback – you will remain completely anonymous. This survey end the day we release the patch EA 0.5.6 .